- What you need to know
- Audio/Video demonstration
- Here’s how your recipient will see your email after classification is changed:
- Other scenarios
- Mandatory Classification
- Email Domain Restriction
- Related Articles
What you need to know
- In this section, we'll see how to change classification of emails while accessing them in Outlook.
- Recipients or senders may need to change the classification when information is added/removed or the nature of the content is changed while replying to or forwarding emails.
- Classification of an email can be changed by any recipient within the organization.
- Changing classification of emails does not change the classification of the attachments. If unclassified files were attached to the email, they remain unclassified. However, they are protected along with the email based on the protection policy mapped to the selected label.
- Classification of protected emails cannot be changed.
Here’s how your recipient will see your email after classification is changed:
If your organization has turned on EDRM protection for the newly selected label, the attachments will be protected with pre-defined permissions. If email body protection is also enabled for the newly selected label, the email's body will also be protected.
Email Domain Restriction
Did we miss something? Send us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org