- What you need to know
- Audio/Video demonstration
- Here’s how your recipient will see your email after classification is changed:
- Other scenarios
- Mandatory Classification
- Email Domain Restriction
- Related Articles
What you need to know
- In this section, we'll see how to change classification of emails while accessing them in Outlook.
- Recipients or senders may need to change the classification when information is added/removed or the nature of the content is changed while replying to or forwarding emails.
- Classification of an email can be changed by any recipient within the organization.
- Classification of protected emails cannot be changed.
Here’s how your recipient will see your email after classification is changed:
If your organization has turned on protection for the newly selected label, the email and attachments will be protected with pre-defined permissions.
Universal format attachments such as MP3, MP4, JT, BPX, SVG, PSD, XD, etc., will always be protected with Full Control permissions.
You can track activities done on your classified and protected emails and also revoke access given to recipients.
Email Domain Restriction
Classifying emails in Outlook
Changing classification of a file using the right-click menu
Changing classification of a file while working on it
Did we miss something? Send us your feedback at email@example.com