What you need to know
- A Hot Folder is a special folder in Windows. Any file placed or saved in this folder gets protected immediately.
- Pre-specified protection parameters are applied on the file as soon as the file is placed inside the folder. This folder can be on a network/shared drive folder or a local folder.
- There is no user authentication required for file protection. The folder is continuously monitored for activity. Any user can drop a file into the Hot Folder and the file will get protected instantly.
- The file remains protected even when it is taken out of the Hot Folder.
- The changes made to the Hot Folder will get applied to the file regardless of where the file resides - inside or outside the folder.
Protecting files in a Hot Folder
Files in a Hot Folder get protected according to the predefined policies mapped to the Hot Folder while creating it.
Creating a Hot Folder
Editing and Removing a Hot Folder
Managing Hot Folders through Policy Server
Did we miss something? Not to worry! Just email our support team at email@example.com