- What you need to know
- Audio/Video demonstration
- Select the step you wish to view
- Related Articles
What you need to know
- In this section, we'll see how to create exceptions to allow or restrict email domains for specific users when certain labels are selected.
- Exceptions can be used to allow certain users or teams (for example, executive team, CEO, CFO, etc.) to send emails to some domains that may be otherwise restricted for the rest of the organization.
- Exceptions can also be used to restrict some email domains for users who are about to quit your organization.
- Note that exceptions can't be created for other settings set in the 'Labels' section such as Visual Marking, Protection, etc.
Select the step you wish to view
Let us create an exception for Stringuard Inc.’s Operations Executive Anna, as her organization doesn’t want her to send emails to external domains.
Exception for Users and Groups
Exception for Labels
In this example, we’ve allowed only one domain, which means Anna will be able to send emails internally to stringuard.com users only when the email is classified as Confidential.
Review and Save
To edit a property, click on the required section on the left, edit the property, and save the exception.
Step 1 - Creating a label
Step 2 - Creating content policies (Optional)
Step 3 - Creating publishing policies
Did we miss something? Send us your feedback at email@example.com